EDC Review: Leatherman Micra!

The Leatherman Micra Multitool

This is actually my second Leatherman Micra! I lost my first one in Bankok airport because I was not expecting that I will be going on a plane trip in going back to Kuala Lumpur (I was planning on taking the train.. but got tired). I did not bother to check in my luggage since it is more hassle.

Leatherman Micra along with my Pocket EDC Tools
But now, I got a newer version and I got it on a cheap from Groupon! This mini tool is very useful to me especially the scissors and the ever reliable beer bottle opener. I have dismantled a laptop using only the Philip Screwdriver tool and other stuff that needs a screwdriver. I even made an alcohol stove using only the Micra!

Here are the basic tools of the Leatherman Micra:

  • Scissors - Mainly for cutting stuff.. paper, leaves, sachets, wire, small cords.
  • Ruler - 4 inches and with centimeter markings.
  • Puller - Not really used, I prefer the SAK version
  • Knife - A one-sided knife, quite sharp not really used. but I have used it to cut fish and veggies for cooking in the island.
  • Flat Head Screwdriver - Can be also used as a pry tool like taking out thumb tacks etc.
  • Nail File - I've used this to file down a sim card that wont fit in my phone.
  • Mini Flat Head Screwdriver - Used for small screws like the ones used in your eyeglasses.
  • Bottle Opener - This is useful but you can use anything if there are no openers. 
  • Philips Screwdriver - I have used this a couple of times. I even opened a laptop with this tool.
Images:

Leatherman Micra Closed

Leatherman Micra all tools opened

Another view of Leatherman Micra with Tools opened

Overall, I am really satisfied on my Leatherman Micra and I am using it everyday! The day would not be complete if my Micra is not inside my pocket maybe except when I am on a plane in which I am never going to give this Micra to any TSA officers.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paraiso: a hidden paradise in Palompon, Leyte

Ferry Schedule Leyte to Surigao

Ferry Schedule from Bogo, Cebu to Palompon Leyte