Climbing One of the Hardest Mountains in the Philippines! (Mt. Guiting-Guiting)

Yep, my dream finally came true! To be able to climb one of the deadliest and the hardest mountain in the Philippines.

Actually, I never did any training. My last training climb was i think, 2 months ago which is in Babag mountain range in Cebu.

I did carry good amount of weight and so far, the climb was awesome! Although we did not encounter heavy rains on the trail. That would be another story.

We slept on Mayo's peak on the first night. I did not setup my tent because it was humid. I just lay a tarp then, my sleeping pad. There were lots of wild cats around the areas. lol

The second day was the most exhausting. we have to cross the "knife edge" which was awesome. The view was spectacular!

I was expecting more on the "Kiss the Wall" but I was not impressed. Maybe it was scarier before? I don't know. The 90 degree climb was also exhausting although I did carry my 12-kilo backpack in climbing it. Lucky it was only rated 9/9 that time, because when it rained? it would be 15/9! lol.. .

Anyway, we got into the summit on time and then, waited (slept for almost 1hr) for the rest of the team to arrive. We went past a plane crash site. The second night was also hot and humid but during dawn, it got cold! and I only slept under a tarp in a Deuter Dreamlite sleeping bag on a boxer shorts. lol... The descend was also tiring but the river was great! Got to the city on time and unscathed.

I will definitely go back!

Here is a video that I made during the Trek. Enjoy! although it was already 1 year late.. lol



Comments

  1. Sentry insurance is a well-reputed platform that has been providing multiple insurances to those who have big plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. На сайте hydraclubbioknikokex7njhwuahc2l67lfiz7z36md2jvopda7nchid ссылка вы сможете высчитать значимость скупки необходимой криптомонеты. Криптовалюты – является современным типом электронных расчетных единиц. Криптографические переводы планомерно входят в обыденную жизнь. Скупая криптовалюты, можно здорово подработать, ожидая роста в цене.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paraiso: a hidden paradise in Palompon, Leyte

Ferry Schedule Leyte to Surigao

Ferry Schedule from Bogo, Cebu to Palompon Leyte